The official llllloooooo blog

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sansa Clip can play audio fast or slow if it's a "podcast"


The Sansa Clip with the latest firmware (1.01.29) has the ability to play audio files either slightly slowed down (good for classical music) or slightly sped up (good for techno).

Unfortunately you need to load the files onto the Clip as Podcasts. That is, place the files under the "PODCASTS" directory instead of the "MUSIC" directory.

The way to access the feature is to start playing your file (remember it's under "Podcasts" now) and then hit the "down" button. You'll see an option called "Speed" where you can select "Slow", "Normal" or "Fast".

I wish the Sansa Clip had this option for normal music files but they don't so I end up putting all my music in the Podcasts folder.

A thread on this very topic over at the Sansa Clip forums has users asking for this feature to also be introduced for music as well as podcasts however it seems Sandisk have just said "put the music in the Podcast folder." Oh well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last Christmas I decided to get mp3player. My choice was Sansa Clip: it's small with bright screen , good buttons and big memory storage. Now it's already fall but I had no issues with my player. Great quality. I can recommend the product to my friends.